Our Client a leading Chicago based organization is looking for an Assistant Director of Supply Chain Transformation, This position assumes responsibility of process redesign throughout all areas of the supply chain. Using Lean Management tools, this position will lead teams in the areas of process redesign, implementation of JIT, logistics assessments and pull system (kanban) implementation.
- Lead the preparation and implementation of logistical plan, including material flow from dock to point of use, stakeholder management of the tunnel system and planning for new dock facility.
- Develop strategies to ensure daily supply while reducing operational costs.
- Develops and leads implementation of strategic process improvements within the supply chain. Works with staff to ensure departmental supply needs are met.
- Lead in the implementation of Lean practices including 3P, 5S, pull system, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Managing for Daily Improvement (MDI).
- Prepares with yearly budget for area managed. Assists with capital development planning.
- Demonstrates ability to collect, analyze and communicate business data. Lead work teams in data analysis and be able to clearly identify the operational and financial impacts of change.
- Bachelor's Degree in project management, business required. Master's preferred.
- 6-10 years of progressive professional experience with 5 years lean methodology/six sigma experience.
- Strong project management experience with previous team management experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.