Our client a, Chicago based medical firm, has an immediate need for a Strategic Sourcing Analyst. The Strategic Sourcing Analyst will develop sourcing strategies for specified key spend categories to achieve key organizational and departmental goals. Review and select appropriate suppliers. Work with Materials Admin team to negotiate contracts and ensure that terms of established contracts are maintained and properly executed. Prior medical experience not required.
- Independently secures data from suppliers and internal sources, and performs effective analysis of findings to develop, implement and monitor supplier strategies and relationships in all aspects of cost, quality, delivery, technology and service.
- Conducts industry and product research, and leads supplier meetings. Assists in the solicitation of Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Quote (RFQs) and Requests for Proposal (RFPs) as required by Assistant Director. Gathers and compiles information from a variety of sources to contribute to analyses.
- Executes contract renewals, service and maintenance agreements, and unique sourcing activities for assigned categories.
- Supports Lean process initiatives through use of 5S, Value Stream Maps, and Kaizen improvement events. Recognizes opportunities to maximize savings and increase efficiencies through shorter cycle times, first time quality measures, and process mapping, and drives changes accordingly.
- Provides effective communication to management, co-workers, and suppliers to establish collaborative communication, especially as related to activity status of supply chain initiatives. Serves as a professional and knowledgeable representative of organization to outside suppliers.
- Actively engages in professional development to maintain current skills and knowledge of business trends and best practices.
- 4-7 Years of experience with at least 3 years in a procurement role
- Good analytical thinker with strong software skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred