Our client a global renewable energy leader is seeking a Director, Financial Planning & Analysis to join their management team. Reporting directly to the North American CFO, the Director of FP&A will lead the department’s staff and functions to produce the company’s financial forecasts, manage the annual budgeting process, support sales pricing and margin analysis, and add financial insight into special initiatives. Industry experience in renewable energy, power generation, advanced manufacturing, construction, or any complex project driven field that requires advanced modeling, is welcome. Our client offers:
- A Chicago office with good public transportation links and free parking.
- Complex and reward work in a growing industry
- Good benefits
- Lead the North American Financial Planning & Analysis team to serve and partner to operations, business development, and special project teams.
- Manage and improve the budgeting, financial forecasting, performance reporting, and modeling tools.
- Lead the creation of monthly, quarterly, and annual management reports, including content creation for periodic business reviews with the parent company.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, warranty costs, and overhead expenses to improve company performance.
- Create modeling tools to support cost analysis and optimization, including predictive modeling of mid- to long-term major component failure rates and associated costs.
- Prepare presentations to senior management team and develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives and decision making.
- Assist in preparation of schedules and support to external financial auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; MBA, CPA a plus.
- Multiyear progressive financial planning, modeling and accounting experience.
- Strong systems knowledge and experience with SAP FI/CO, and advanced financial modeling and reporting applications.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work across international cultures.
- Valid Passport and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%, but typically less.
Adams Dearborn is Chicago based professional staffing and executive search firm.
We specialize in: Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, Engineering, and Supply Chain.