Our client, a large international renewable energy firm, based in Chicago, is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their North American team.
Our client offers:
- A great downtown location
- Great Benefits and Competitive Compensation
- Potential to grow your career in a fast expanding industry
- Support in the management of electrical engineering contractors assigned to work on the design of renewable energy facilities
- Create the weekly and monthly reporting requirements for internal and external customers as well as KPI reporting.
- Sustain a current understanding of renewable generation technology
- Optimize design to maximize ROI
- Provide engineering consulting support to project managers in the preliminary design and engineering of collection system and substations.
- Develop and maintain electrical specifications and requirements to define company standards to contractors.
- Evaluate electrical equipment and material proposals; prepare bid tab evaluations for electrical equipment.
- Convey electrical technical interface to support Procurement.
- Manage the electrical tests performed by Construction Team on site prior to and during the commissioning of the renewable energy facilities.
- Aid with receiving, inspecting, and factory testing of the major pieces of electrical equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, EIT certification a plus.
- 2 years of experience in utility or power plant design
- Ability to travel 15% - 30% of time to domestic and international locations.
Adams Dearborn is Chicago based professional staffing and executive search firm. We specialize in: Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, Engineering, and Supply Chain.