Our client, a growing confectionery company manufacturer based in the Chicago-O'Hare area, is seeking a Billing Specialist to join their North American team on a contract to hire basis.
- Work with customers to resolve overdue collections balances, payment discrepancies through research, communication and follow up.
- Reconciliation of customer payments to invoices and reconciliation of variances, makes recommendations and/or corrections as needed.
- Build strong customer and broker relationships for effective partnership proving excellent customer service to resolve customer inquiries.
- Validate and process of trade activity on the customer’s AR balances.
- Partners with internal Sales and Sales Finance teams and brokers to assist in resolving issues, approvals of the trade deduction and validation of activities.
- Validate trade deductions through customer support which includes: management of backup from customer portals.
- Confirm claims validity and resolve disputes in a timely fashion
- Arrange that all orders are shipped, delivered and invoiced in a timely fashion
- Set up domestic retail and distribution customers in the order management system
- Correct invoices to freight bills and other minor clerical bookkeeping/accounting
- Evaluate client contracts to correctly determine billing amounts and discrepancies
Interested parties should send a word version of their resume, as well a salary history.
- 1+ years’ experience in customer billing and Accounts Receivable experience
- CPG experience preferred but not required
Adams Dearborn is Chicago based professional staffing and executive search firm. We specialize in: Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, Engineering, and Supply Chain.