Our client, a global renewable energy company based in Chicago, has an immediate need for an experienced Procurement Specialist on a 6 month contract basis. This person will be responsible for executing daily purchasing activities for the operations business.
- Conduct rigorous RFQ processes including coordinating clarifications with engineering and other internal stakeholders, analyzing quotation responses, detailed cost analyses, and preparing sourcing recommendations in the Procurement Portal and ERP system.
Manage daily purchase orders in support of assigned commodities / areas of responsibility, per defined corporate strategies.
- Execute RFQ processes including coordinating clarifications with engineering, analyzing quotation response, detailed cost analyses, and preparing sourcing recommendations.
- Implement cost reduction plans on a worldwide basis for assigned commodities and suppliers including negotiation, quoting, supplier consolidation, long term agreements/contracts and other strategies approved by Functional Leadership.
- Work with Suppliers to expedite purchases to sites to minimize downtime and improve availability.
- Provide ongoing support to various functional areas, as it relates to purchasing or supply chain issues.
- Thoroughly vet supplier capabilities including performing organizational, financial, and process capability assessments.
- Responsible for matching PO's to receipts to facilitate payments through accounting.
- Implement commodity sourcing strategies to address supply market conditions, technology road maps, and product service needs and forecast.
- Track market conditions and trends and make recommendations of changes to cost savings strategies as they relate to market trends and condition.
Interested parties should send a word version of their resume, as well a salary history.
- Bachelor's in Business or Engineering or equivalent relevant work experience
- 1-3 years’ experience required.
- Experience with contract writing and analysis
- Proficiency with SAP preferred.
- Strategic sourcing experience including supplier qualification and development
Adams Dearborn is Chicago based professional staffing and executive search firm. We specialize in: Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, Engineering, and Supply Chain.