Our client , a growing international IPP, is seeking a Director of Power Marketing to run their North American operations. Reporting directly to the CEO the Director will support a growing pipeline of new projects, in addition to managing power marketing for the existing fleet.
- Provide analysis and recommendations regarding which power markets provide acceptable risk from a merchant power marketing perspective.
- Work with the development team to develop power marketing strategies for each of the later stage development projects.
- Work with the development team to develop PPA negotiation strategies with power off take providers.
- Lead the negotiation of PPA’s, hedges, and other off take opportunities
- Develop forward pricing curves for energy pricing in the respective power markets in which we will be operating or acquiring.
- Evaluate the future trends in the REC market and developing ways to extract maximum value for REC’s generated on merchant plants
- Oversee Transmission and Inter-Connection; reporting and settlement.
- Managing, training, and recruiting staff.
Interested parties should send a word version of their resume, as well a salary history.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; MBA or advanced degree a plus
- Must have prior experience in power marketing / origination
- Prior experience in negotiating PPA’s
- Strong understanding of the power flow tools available in the market place to evaluate grid constraints and ability to deliver power
- Prior experience in renewable energy
Adams Dearborn is Chicago based professional staffing and executive search firm.
We specialize in: Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, Engineering, and Supply Chain.