Our client, a growing global firm in the renewable energy field is seeking a Director of Engineering to join their North American team.
Our client offers:
- Competitive Compensation Plan and Great Benefits
- Great Downtown Location
- Stable book of business to be developed in the upcoming years
- Head the Engineering function, including electrical and civil engineering staff; including recruitment, hiring and training.
- Direct engineering consulting support to the development team for all projects under consideration.
- Guide the development of design criteria for Electrical and Foundation Systems associated with renewable generating facilities, including substations and transmission lines.
- Prepare supporting calculations, equipment specifications, engineering reports, diagrams and related data tables; support of equipment procurement, construction and commissioning phases of project.
- Monitor renewable energy generation projects in excess of $100M in various stages of development
- Lead engineering consulting support to project managers in the preliminary design and engineering of roads, foundations, collection system and substations.
- Grow the development of employees by providing constructive feedback and continuous coaching/mentoring. Identify further training and education to enhance employee growth and continued job performance improvement. Maintain required training certifications and proficiencies for self and team.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering, PE preferred
- 5 – 10 years of Design and Engineering of energy or heavy industrial facilities with a preference for renewable energy industry experience.