Our client, a renewable energy developer, is seeking Senior Transmission Interconnection Engineer to join their team. They offer:
- Competitive compensation and a good benefit plan
- Strong order book and active project pipeline
- A convenient downtown office location close to major commuter rail
- And relocation assistance for qualified applicants
- Work with the development team to identify the point of interconnection for projects and manage the interconnection process for development pipeline
- Lead the negotiation of the Interconnection Agreements with transmission provider and work with the project manager to coordinate the construction of the interconnection
- Act as a primary point of contact for transmission service providers, Independent System Operators (ISO’s) and all interconnection activities throughout the engineering and construction process.
- Review utility and utility expansion plans and conduct transmission/interconnection due diligence to adequately estimate timing and cost impacts to identify potential opportunities.
- Provide guidance to the development, engineering, M&A, Finance, Construction, and Operations and Maintenance teams regarding new and existing project opportunities and assist during project design and construction for interconnection related issues.
- Ensure that all required tests and documentation have been completed at the facility in order to ensure compliance with all requirements from the independent system operator, transmission service provider and/or utility, resulting in a full acceptance of the Power Plant on time (scheduled COD) by all related parties in such a way that no forecasted generation income is lost.
- Interpret market rules as they apply to the interconnection study, construction and operation of generation projects and participate in various industry groups dealing with interconnection and market issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering - PE preferred
- 5+ years of experience in power systems engineering in a consulting or utility or in an internal ISO
- Experience in running load flow studies and with PSS/E, PSCAD and ASPEN software
Adams Dearborn is Chicago based professional staffing and executive search firm.
We specialize in: Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, Engineering, and Supply Chain.