Our client, growing global firm in the renewable energy field is seeking a Director of Construction to join their North American team at their downtown location.
Our client offers:
- Competitive Compensation Plan and Great Benefits
- Great Downtown Location with hybrid 3-2 schedule
- Stable book of business to be developed in the upcoming years
- Manage multiple project teams of between three and six on site consisting of a Project Manager and Construction Engineers.
- Oversee projects construction budget. Identify cost reduction opportunities and track cost performance against budget. Produce daily, weekly and monthly reports for internal and external customers, as well as KPI reporting
- Monitor renewable energy generation projects in excess of $100M in various stages of development
- Lead pay application approval process in accordance with the contractual terms including review and recommendation of change order approvals.
- Observe construction quality to ensure that all work is installed in accordance with the plans, specifications, QA/QC requirements, code requirements, contract requirements and good construction practices.
- Proficient at Root Cause Analyses to accurately determine failure mode and reason
- Provide construction consulting support to the development team in several projects, including project estimate construction costs, schedule, and basic engineering.
- 10-15+ years of experience in Project Management; concentration in the wind energy industry and industrial or utility construction is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline, Master’s preferred
- Required P.E. registration
- Ability to travel up to 50%